Close this search box.

Immigration Library™

Saskatchewan Experience – Health Professionals Stream (SHP)

Saskatchewan Experience - Health Professionals Stream

  • P.N.P: Provincial Nominee Programs
  • E.D: Employer-driven
  • C.E: Canadian Experience

Table of Contents




Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

The Saskatchewan Experience: Health Professionals Stream is for physicians, nurses and other health professionals who have been working for a Saskatchewan employer. It gives them the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in the province.
Health Professionals stream is part of Saskatchewan Experience Category, which is divided to the following sub-categories:
  • Skilled Worker With Existing Work Permit (➨Page)
  • Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit (➨Page)
  • Health Professionals (this page)
  • Hospitality Sector Project (➨Page)
  • Long-Haul Truck Driver Project (➨Page)

Ready to take the next step towards your Canadian immigration journey? Fill out the form below and embark on your path to new opportunities.



The following requirements must be met if you are applying to the Saskatchewan Experience – Health Professionals Stream:

1- Job Offer Requirement

At the time of your application and at the time the SINP assesses your application for nomination, you must have a bona fide full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer in an eligible occupation. Your job offer must be permanent (meaning job has no end date).
The position offered must be in the following occupations:
  • Physicians
  • Nurses
  • Other Health Professionals in NOC TEER 0, 1, 2,3 or 4 (➨Appendix 1)
For physicians, your offer must be issued by a provincial health authority or the health education institution where you're currently working; and/or verified with documents that describe your permanent arrangement to practice medicine in a Saskatchewan medical office. These could be:
  • A business plan or contract;
  • A partnership agreement; or
  • Other documents describing your practice.
For nurses and other health professionals your offer must be issued by the Saskatchewan Health Authority, The Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, or another publicly funded health employer.
Your job offer must be approved by the SINP before you apply or your application will be rejected. Your employer must register online on the SINP Employer website to have the position that you are applying for assessed.
Once the position is approved, your employer will receive a Job Approval Letter that includes your position, name and NOC code.

2- Work Experience

You must have been working for more than six (6) months for the employer offering you the job, with a valid work permit. Your permanent, full-time job offer must be for the same position that you have been working in for the past six (6) months.

3- Licensure

You must show proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure, if your intended occupation is in a regulated profession or compulsory apprenticeship trade.

4- Education

For physicians and nurses, you must have the educational and professional qualifications to work in Saskatchewan. For other health occupations, you must have at least one academic year of post-secondary education or job specific training.

For education outside of Canada, you must submit an educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization (➨Appendix 3).

5- Language Ability

If your job offer is in a designated trade that is classified as a NOC TEER 4 occupation:

You must have taken an approved test results and have obtained a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark CLB 4 in all for abilities in English or French (➨Appendix 5). Test must be taken no more than two (2) years prior to submission of your application.

Depending on your job, employers and regulatory bodies may ask for language scores that are higher than CLB 4.

6- Ineligibility

You are not eligible to apply under the Saskatchewan Experience: Health Professionals Stream if you are a refugee claimant in Canada, a failed refugee claimant, had a removal order, are prohibited from entering or being in Canada, do not have status in Canada or are living illegally in your country of residence.

Ready to take the next step towards your Canadian immigration journey? Fill out the form below and embark on your path to new opportunities.



Step 1: Work and Job Offer in Saskatchewan

Before you can submit your application under the “Saskatchewan Experience: Health Professionals Stream”, you must be working legally (or have worked) in Saskatchewan in an eligible occupation. You must also have a full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer to work in your current occupation in Saskatchewan.
As a foreign worker in Canada, you first need to find an employer and secure the job for yourself. The criteria for your job in Saskatchewan are explained in “Minimum Requirements”.
If you don't work in Saskatchewan, you'll need to contact the right organization to find out what studies, examinations and/or certifications you'll need to work here:
  • Physicians: Contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CoPSS) (➨
  • Nurses: Contact one of the following that applies to you:
    • The Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (SALPN) (➨;
    • The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) (➨; or
    • The Saskatchewan Registered Nurses' Association (SRNA) (➨
  • Other Health Professions:  Related health professional association in Saskatchewan.

Step 2: Submit Application to SINP

Now that you meet all the requirements, you can apply online (➨ for yourself.

Complete the different sections of your online application. Scan and upload all your completed forms and required documents in PDF format onto your online application. Keep the originals for your records.
There is no provincial application fee under this stream.
If your application is complete, you will receive a letter or email confirming that your file has been received and accepted for processing.
A SINP officer will contact you by email if information is needed to assess your application and will tell you how to send the information.
SINP Application
Submit Online Application:
Official Program Guide:
SINP Application Fee:
Processing Time:
Not Available
Document Checklist:



[email protected]

If your application is approved, you will become a Provincial Nominee and receive a nomination package including you Provincial Nomination Certificate.

Step 3: Apply for Permanent Residence

If you are nominated by the province of Saskatchewan, then your next step is to submit a complete application for a permanent resident visa within six (6) months (➨Page).

You must submit your application using the IRCC Permanent Residence Portal (PR Portal) (➨ 

If your application is complete, you will receive a letter or an email confirming that your file has been received and accepted for processing. This letter is called the Acknowledge of Receipt (AOR) and will include your IRCC file number.

Once you have received your acknowledgement of receipt, you can create an online account and link your application to it. By creating an account, you will be able to receive email updates and a more detailed case status.

Apply for a Temporary Work Permit

Once you are nominated you'll receive a Work Permit Support Letter along with your Nomination Certificate. You can use this to apply for a temporary work permit without the need for an LMIA (➨ to allow you to live and work in Saskatchewan while you wait for permanent residency.

If you are in Saskatchewan on a valid work permit and your PR application is not finalized, you may be able to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) (➨Page). This will let you to stay and continue working on a valid work permit until your PR application is finalized.

You may apply for BOWP only if your PR application is approved in principle meaning you have passed the eligibility stage and still have to pass the medical, security and background checks.

Step 4: Landing in Canada

If your application is approved, you will be asked to pay your right of permanent residence fee if you haven't already done so. You will receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and if you are from a country that requires a visa you will also be issued a permanent resident visa.

You will only become a Permanent Resident of Canada when you cross a Canadian port of entry. This is referred to as ‘landing in Canada' (➨Page).

You must land in Canada before the expiry date, which appears on your Canada Immigration Visa. Usually, the expiry date is one (1) year from the time medical examinations were completed. As this is not always the case, be sure to verify the expiry date as soon as the Canada Immigration Visa is received.

Ready to take the next step towards your Canadian immigration journey? Fill out the form below and embark on your path to new opportunities.






Table of Contents

Scroll to Top

Kelly Crowl Masterclass

Don’t Miss Out!

Save your spot now and get the early bird discount Early Bird $80 | Drop-in $140