Close this search box.

Immigration Library™

Saskatchewan Experience – Hospitality Sector Project Stream (SHS)

Saskatchewan Experience - Hospitality Sector Project Stream

  • P.N.P: Provincial Nominee Programs
  • E.D: Employer-driven
  • C.E: Canadian Experience

Table of Contents




Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

The Saskatchewan Experience: Hospitality Sector Project Stream is for foreign workers in some hospitality sector jobs who have been working for a Saskatchewan employer. It gives them the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in the province.
Hospitality Sector stream is part of Saskatchewan Experience Category, which is divided to the following sub-categories:
  • Skilled Worker With Existing Work Permit (➨Page)
  • Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit (➨Page)
  • Health Professionals (➨Page)
  • Hospitality Sector Project (this page)
  • Long-Haul Truck Driver Project (➨Page)
  • Students (➨Page)

Ready to take the next step towards your Canadian immigration journey? Fill out the form below and embark on your path to new opportunities.



The following requirements must be met if you are applying to the Saskatchewan Experience – Hospitality Sector Projects Stream:

1- Job Offer Requirement

At the time of your application and at the time the SINP assesses your application for nomination, you must have a bona fide full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer in an eligible occupation. Your job offer must be permanent (meaning job has no end date).

The position offered must be in the following NOC (➨Appendix 1) Occupations:

  • NOC 65200: Food and beverage servers
  • NOC 65201 Food counter attendants and kitchen helpers
  • NOC 65310 Housekeeping and cleaning Staff
Your job offer must be approved by the SINP before you apply or your application will be rejected. Your employer must register online on the SINP Employer website to have the position that you are applying for assessed.
Once the position is approved, your employer will receive a Job Approval Letter that includes your position, name and NOC code.

2- Work Experience

You must have been working for more than six (6) months for the employer offering you the job, with a valid work permit. Your permanent, full-time job offer must be for the same position that you have been working in for the past six (6) months.
If you are not currently working in Saskatchewan, you can still apply as a Food/Beverage Server if you have proof that you previously worked in Saskatchewan for a minimum of six months as a Food/Beverage Server.
You must be working for an employer that has been approved by the SINP to participate in the Hospitality Sector Project. The SINP won't accept applications from hospitality sector employees who begin working for their employer before the employer receives SINP approval.

3- Education

You must have completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education (high school) or above.

For education outside of Canada, you must submit an educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization) (➨Appendix 3).

4- Language Ability

You must have taken an approved test results and have obtained a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark CLB 4 in all for abilities in English or French (➨Appendix 5). Test must be taken no more than two (2) years prior to submission of your application.

Depending on your job, employers and regulatory bodies may ask for language scores that are higher than CLB 4.

5- Ineligibility

You are not eligible to apply under the Saskatchewan Experience: Hospitality Sector Project Stream if you are a refugee claimant in Canada, a failed refugee claimant, had a removal order, are prohibited from entering or being in Canada, do not have status in Canada or are living illegally in your country of residence.

Ready to take the next step towards your Canadian immigration journey? Fill out the form below and embark on your path to new opportunities.



Step 1: Work and Job Offer in Saskatchewan

Before you can submit your application under the “Saskatchewan Experience: Hospitality Sector Project Stream”, you must be working legally (or have worked) in Saskatchewan in an eligible occupation. You must also have a full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer to work in your current occupation in Saskatchewan.
As a foreign worker in Canada, you first need to find an employer and secure the job for yourself. The criteria for your job in Saskatchewan are explained in “Minimum Requirements”.

Step 2: Submit Application to SINP

Now that you meet all the requirements, you can apply online (➨ for yourself.

Complete the different sections of your online application. Scan and upload all your completed forms and required documents in PDF format onto your online application. Keep the originals for your records.
There is no provincial application fee under this stream.
If your application is complete, you will receive a letter or email confirming that your file has been received and accepted for processing.
A SINP officer will contact you by email if information is needed to assess your application and will tell you how to send the information.
SINP Application
SINP Application Fee:
Processing Time:
Not Available
Document Checklist:

Submit Online Application:


[email protected]

Official Program Guide:
If your application is approved, you will become a Provincial Nominee and receive a nomination package including you Provincial Nomination Certificate.

Step 3: Apply for Permanent Residence

If you are nominated by the Province of Saskatchewan, then your next step is to submit a complete application for a permanent resident visa (➨Page) to the Centralized Intake Office as indicated in Letter of Nomination, within six (6) months.

Note: A new online application in currently being tested by IRCC for some permanent immigration programs including all the non-Express Entry provincial nominee programs. If you want to submit your application online you can see (➨

Apply for a Temporary Work Permit

Once you are nominated you'll receive a Work Permit Support Letter along with your Nomination Certificate. You can use this to apply for a temporary work permit without the need for an LMIA (➨ to allow you to live and work in Saskatchewan while you wait for permanent residency.

If you are in Saskatchewan on a valid work permit and your PR application is not finalized, you may be able to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) (➨Page). This will let you to stay and continue working on a valid work permit until your PR application is finalized.

You may apply for BOWP only if your PR application is approved in principle meaning you have passed the eligibility stage and still have to pass the medical, security and background checks.

Step 4: Landing in Canada

If your application is approved, you will be asked to pay your right of permanent residence fee if you haven't already done so. You will receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and if you are from a country that requires a visa you will also be issued a permanent resident visa.

You will only become a Permanent Resident of Canada when you cross a Canadian port of entry. This is referred to as ‘landing in Canada' (➨Page).

You must land in Canada before the expiry date, which appears on your Canada Immigration Visa. Usually, the expiry date is one (1) year from the time medical examinations were completed. As this is not always the case, be sure to verify the expiry date as soon as the Canada Immigration Visa is received.

Ready to take the next step towards your Canadian immigration journey? Fill out the form below and embark on your path to new opportunities.






Table of Contents

Scroll to Top

Kelly Crowl Masterclass

Don’t Miss Out!

Save your spot now and get the early bird discount Early Bird $80 | Drop-in $140